Starting school is an important step in your child’s journey into education.


As a parent of a future Foundation (Prep) student, we understand that the process of selecting your child’s future school and their transition into this new phase of their life can sometimes seem overwhelming. Starting school is an important milestone in any child and family's life, and we understand that transition to school requires additional thought, time, planning and support to make the process as smooth and as positive as possible.

We invite interested parents to book in for one of our informative, small-group school tours, held each week during the school term. At these tours you will receive a comprehensive Information Pack containing an Enrolment Form.

You can also download a copy of our Enrolment Form or Information Booklet below.

If you would like to book a school tour, please contact the office by calling 03 9780 6098 or emailing great.ryrie.ps@edumail.vic.gov.au.


We encourage all families to come on a tour but we also understand that this may not be possible. If that is the case please email a completed Student Enrolment Form, together with scanned or clear photographs of required documentation to great.ryrie.ps@edumail.vic.gov.au.

Foundation enrolments for 2023 are now CLOSED. 

Student Enrolment Form

Information Booklet


If your family has moved into the area recently and you are interested in transferring to Great Ryrie PS or you are looking at enrolling your child/ren in Foundation 2024, please contact the Office on 9870 6098 for more information. 

We look forward to meeting you!



When children first start school there is a lot for them to get used to. Some children will adapt more easily than others. There are many things you can do to help your child transition to school as smoothly as possible, to aid in this, Great Ryrie Primary School runs an extensive Transition Program beginning in October, for all future Foundation students.


Transition Sessions allow students to become familiar with some of the routines of school and meet our wonderful teachers. Children will participate in a variety of activities and they might even meet a new friend.


During the Transition period, we also offer a number of Information Sessions for parents to learn more about the school, curriculum, daily routines, and how you can help at home. At the final session, the children will be introduced to their class teacher and the children who will be in their 2023 class.




© 2020 Great Ryrie Primary School The sponsor-ed Group