CHILDREN WHOSE PARENTS ARE INVOLVED IN HELPING OUT AT SCHOOL, FEEL BETTER CONNECTED AND DO BETTER IN THEIR EDUCATION!
Parents Can Help Us and their Children in Many Ways!
As well as having an active school council, where parents can become involved in determining school policy and development, we welcome and encourage the participation of parents in classroom programs, excursions, fundraising activities, working bees, special events, barbeques, projects and activities.
SEVEN WAYS THAT PARENTS CAN HELP OUT AT OUR SCHOOL
- Simply making sure that your child is always on time and at school is the first thing! Children who are often late or absent miss out on a great deal of their schooling and research indicates that they don not perform as well in school!
- Keeping up to date with what is happening by payning attention to the newsletter and to notices is vital.
- Make sure permission forms and payments are in on time, so that your child doesn’t miss out.
- Helping in class and on excursions and special activities, wether it simply listening to children read or supervising a small group (with the guidance of the teacher) can make a huge difference to student achievement and the opportunities that we can offer to all our students.
- Joining in on our school working bees by helping around the grounds with new projects, gardening and with playground & equipment maintenance.
- Helping out with fundraising events such as sausage sizzles, fetes, chocolate drives, etc. enables us to raise the extra funds, that are always needed, to provide the resources and activities that make our school a better place to learn!
- Becoming a member of School Council or one of its sub-committees….
- Grounds, Facilities & ICT
- Policy And Planning
We greatly appreciate all the efforts of everyone who helps at school and look forward to working with you in any of these different ways!
What Makes a Good Parent Helper?
* Willingness to give
* Able to encourage others to participate
* Someone with contacts
* Enjoy being part of a team
* Wanting to do the best for the school
* Networking to build the school’s reputation
* Likes challenges
* Positive role model
* Builds a positive atmosphere for all
* Engendering social relationships
* Welcoming new members into the school community
What Benefits are there for volunteers?
* Sense of belonging
* Role model for own children
* Engenders a sense of pride in our children
* Allows our children to have a greater sense of involvement
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office or your child’s teacher, if there is anyway that you can help out at our school!